Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Brown rice with mushrooms and mussels recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brown rice with mushrooms and mussels recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
One way to deal with this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to change everything instantly or that you have to completely eliminate certain foods from your diet. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you did. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate in the past.
Evidently, it’s easy to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to brown rice with mushrooms and mussels recipe. You can have brown rice with mushrooms and mussels using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Brown rice with mushrooms and mussels:
- Provide 100 g of Brown basmatti rice (uncooked).
- Take 300 g of Fresh or frozen mussels.
- Get 100 g of Mushrooms.
- You need 40 ml of White wine.
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- Use of Turmeric.
- Use 20 ml of Olive oil (divided).
- You need 10 g of Butter.
- Take of Salt and pepper.
- Provide of Oregano.
- Use of Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sriracha.
- Provide of Ginger.
- Use of Arrowroot starch(added at the end).
Instructions to make Brown rice with mushrooms and mussels:
- Start by boiling some water. Add 10ml of olive oil, turmeric and salt. Add 100g brown basmatti rice and cook for 20 mins or until ready. Prepare the sauce by adding soy sauce, sriracha and grated ginger(just a bit for taste). Leave it aside for now..
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the other 10ml of olive oil and the butter. Now add the already chopped mushrooms and saute for 3-5 mins. Deglaze the skillet with the white wine and then add the mussels. Add oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Saute for another 5-6 mins or until the wine has almost evaporated..
- Lower the heat to medium-low. Finish prepping the sauce by adding some water and 1 tsp of arrowroot starch. Whisk together..
- Drain the rice and mix together in the skillet with the mushrooms and mussels. Set the mixture to one side of the skillet and add the sauce. Let it sit for a couple of minutes. Once it starts boiling, quickly fold everything together..
- Bon appétit!.
If you find this Brown rice with mushrooms and mussels recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.