Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Mike's Poseidon Platter With Dungeness Crab Side Salad recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Poseidon Platter With Dungeness Crab Side Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Poseidon Platter With Dungeness Crab Side Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most likely, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you don’t wish to eat. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. A superb healthy option can be porridge oats which have been proven to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
All in all, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's poseidon platter with dungeness crab side salad recipe. You can cook mike's poseidon platter with dungeness crab side salad using 30 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's Poseidon Platter With Dungeness Crab Side Salad:
- Provide of ● For The Crab Legs [ask your fish monger to steam them for you].
- Provide of Pre-steamed Alaskan King Crab Legs & Claws.
- Take of ● For The Dungeness Crab [ask your fish monger to steam them 4U].
- You need of or 2 2.5) Dungeness Crab [reserve shells for salad].
- Take of ● For The Shrimp [raw – dethawed].
- Use of Jumbo Shrimp [21-25 count – de-veined – tails left on].
- Take of Lemon Pepper.
- Prepare of Metal Scewers.
- Get of ● For The Corn.
- Prepare of LG Fresh Corn Cobs [shucked – halved – no salt].
- Take of Whole Milk & Water [equal parts enough to cover corn].
- Take of Salted Butter.
- Get of ● For The Marinade [to be used on all seafood].
- Prepare of Olive Oil – Lemon Juice – Garlic Juice [equal parts as needed].
- Get of Old Bay Seasoning.
- Prepare of Fresh Course Black Pepper.
- Use of Butter Brush.
- Get of ● For The Garlic Butter [as needed].
- Use of Kerrygold Garlic & Herb Butter.
- You need of ● For The EZ Crab Salad [as needed].
- You need of Top Shells From Dungeness Crabs.
- You need of Fine Shreadded Butter Lettuce.
- Prepare of Fine Minced Green Bell Peppers.
- Prepare of Fine Minced Celery.
- Get of Fine Minced Parsley.
- Prepare of Fine Minced Shallots.
- Get of Lemon Juice.
- You need of Real Mayonnaise [just enough to coat mixture].
- Get of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Take of Sea Salt.
Steps to make Mike's Poseidon Platter With Dungeness Crab Side Salad:
- Pictured is the bulk of what you'll need for 2.5 servings. If choosing to steam your own legs – steam with lemon, garlic and white wine. When you can smell your legs – they're done. The Dungeness Crab will take 7 to 8 minutes per pound if choosing to steam. More seafood was served but this was all my students could fit into frame..
- Start your corn cobs. Add equal parts milk and water. Milk adds sweetness to corn. Add enough fluid to cover your corn. Also, add your butter. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Watch your pot as the milk can cause it foam up and overflow..
- Make your marinade and coat all seafood generously with it. Not much is needed..
- Scewer your Jumbo Shrimp, marinate and refrigerate. Also, add a few dashes of lemon pepper to your shrimp..
- It's time to grill! Clean grill, spray with non stick spray and heat. Here you're only heating your King Crab Legs and Dungeness Crab. Try to keep your temp at 400° However, you'll be grilling your shrimp. Over direct heat, grill for 5 to 7 minutes turning occasionally until shrimp is pink on the outside and opaque on the inside…
- Gently heat your garlic Kerrygold butter..
- Plate seafood hot with lemon wedges to the side with plenty of napkins..
- Since you have all of your butters out at room temperature, consider serving fresh, warm crispy breads. Also, consider a honey butter. It's a great contrast to the saltiness of your seafood and other butters. I've got a great honey butter recipe under my profile if interested. ☺.
- Pull your top shells from your Dungeness Crabs and clean. Boil for two minutes..
- A pulled and cleaned top shell from crab pictured..
- The inside of your cleaned shell pictured that's been boiled for 2 minutes. You do have the option of leaving what we call, "The Mustard," within the shell but, I warn you – you'd better like the crazy taste of fishy if you do! 🐬.
- Create your crab salad by chopping your vegetables and adding your other chilled ingredients. See recipe above. Mix well..
- Pack your shell with your craby chilled rich goodness! Garnish with fresh parsley, fresh ground black pepper and lemon wedges Enjoy!.
- Check this out. my students even bought their moms a special pink fragrant rose at the end of their meal. How stinking sweet was that?! I swear – so sweet I darned near got a cavity!.
If you find this Mike's Poseidon Platter With Dungeness Crab Side Salad recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.