Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Tomato pulav aka tomato rice from south India recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Tomato pulav aka tomato rice from south India recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato pulav aka tomato rice from south India recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making some small changes.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to alter everything straightaway or that you have to entirely get rid of certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make big changes, but the most important thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating selections. Soon enough, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Like many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato pulav aka tomato rice from south india recipe. You can cook tomato pulav aka tomato rice from south india using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Tomato pulav aka tomato rice from south India:
- Get of sona masoori rice.
- Take of water.
- Provide of Salt, turmeric, red chilli powder.
- Take of Curry leaves, 1 onion, oil.
- Use of red ripe tomatoes chopped.
- Use of ginger chopped.
- Use of chana daal (split chickpea).
- Get of urad daal(split bengal gram).
- Provide of mustard and cumin seeds each.
Instructions to make Tomato pulav aka tomato rice from south India:
- Cook rice and keep it aside to cool down..
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard and cumin seeds. Allow it to splutter and then add chana dal abd urad dal..
- Saute for 10 secs and then add onions, ginger and curry leaves. Cook till onions are soft and transparent..
- Then add tomatoes and rest of the spices along with salt cook till mushy..
- Once the tomatoes have softened and all the spices are blended, switch off the flame..
- Now add the cooked rice(it should be cooled down completely to avoid being mashed).
- Mix the rice and the masala properly and serve hot..
If you find this Tomato pulav aka tomato rice from south India recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.