Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Breast in Creamy Mushroom Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Breast in Creamy Mushroom Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Opting to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, simply making a couple of modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to alter everything at once or that you need to completely eliminate certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make considerable changes, but the most important thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating choices. As you get accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate in the past.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken breast in creamy mushroom sauce recipe. You can have chicken breast in creamy mushroom sauce using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Breast in Creamy Mushroom Sauce:
- Use 3 tbsp of olive oil – divided.
- Provide 3 large of boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 2.5lbs – butterflied and split to make 6 thin halves.
- Use 1/2 small of yellow onion – finely diced.
- You need 8 oz of white button mushrooms – cleaned and sliced (shortcut, buy pre-sliced).
- Take 1 clove of garlic – minced.
- Get 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Provide 1 1/4 cup of unsalted or low sodium beef broth or stock.
- Prepare 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh grated parmigiano reggiano (just parmesan is fine, but use fresh grated for best texture).
- You need of sea salt and black pepper.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Use of onion powder.
Steps to make Chicken Breast in Creamy Mushroom Sauce:
- First thing, prep your onions, mushrooms and garlic. Set aside. To split chicken breasts: lay breast flat on clean cutting board, find the halfway point between top and bottom. Using a very sharp knife, carefully cut horizontally through the breast as if you would a butterfly cut. Instead of stopping when you reach the other side, finish cutting all the way through to completely split top and bottom. Repeat with remaining breasts so you have 6 thin breast pieces..
- Season both sides of breast pieces with desired amounts of salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders. Heat a large, deep sided saute pan over medium heat. When hot (a drop of water "sizzles") add 2 tbs olive oil and swirl to coat..
- Add chicken breasts to hot pan, arranged so they will all fit flat but not overlapping. Cook On the first side, untouched, for 5 minutes to get a nice, browned sear. When first side is done breasts will "release" from the pan easily..
- Flip each breast to sear second side and finish cooking, about 5 minutes more, again untouched for best sear. Remove to plate, tent with foil to keep warm and set aside..
- Add onion to hot pan and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms, sprinkle minced garlic, thyme and a pinch of s&p on top, then drizzle with remaining 1tbs olive oil. Stir to combine everything..
- Cook until mushrooms begin to exude their juices and shrink down, stirring frequently and scraping up brown bits that have been stuck to pan. About 5 – 7 minutes more..
- Add beef broth. Increase heat to medium high to bring to a boil until broth has reduced slightly (not quite by half) about 5 – 7 minutes again. No need to stir more than a couple times here..
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add balsamic vinegar and heavy cream. Stir to incorporate fully. Simmer some more until sauce begins to thicken. Again, this took about 5 minutes for me..
- Stir in freshly grated cheese until melted into sauce, this will also help thicken some more. Return chicken breasts to pan, turn to coat in sauce. Turn heat to low, cover and let sit 5 minutes to warm chicken through..
- Serve with sauce drizzled on top and a crisp side salad for a lower carb option, or any other desired sides. Enjoy!.
If you find this Chicken Breast in Creamy Mushroom Sauce recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.