Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Smoked Sausage Gumbo recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Smoked Sausage Gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Smoked Sausage Gumbo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, just making a couple of small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping because it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A superb healthy option can be porridge oats which have been proven to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
All in all, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to smoked sausage gumbo recipe. You can have smoked sausage gumbo using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Smoked Sausage Gumbo:
- Prepare of celery ribs, chopped.
- Get of onion, chopped.
- Take of green or red pepper, chopped.
- Prepare of carrot, chopped.
- Use of olive oil.
- Take of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- Provide of smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-in. pieces.
- Get of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare of dried oregano.
- Get of dried thyme.
Instructions to make Smoked Sausage Gumbo:
- In a large skillet, saute celery, onion, green/red pepper, and carrot in oil until tender..
- Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened..
- Transfer to a slow cooker. Stir in the sausage, tomatoes, oregano, thyme and cayenne..
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. (gumbo will seem thick at first but will thin will cooking).
- Serve over rice..
If you find this Smoked Sausage Gumbo recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.