Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Baked Cod over Sweet Potato Mash recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked Cod over Sweet Potato Mash recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Cod over Sweet Potato Mash recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making some minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. It could be that you already think that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked cod over sweet potato mash recipe. You can have baked cod over sweet potato mash using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Baked Cod over Sweet Potato Mash:
- You need of Cod (preferably filleted).
- Get of Black Olives – pitted.
- Get of White Wine (preferably dry).
- Get of onion, chopped.
- You need of cherry tomatoes, quartered.
- Use of lemon, zested and juiced.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of sweet potatoes.
- You need of long green beans.
- Get of sesame seeds.
- Get of fresh basil leaves.
Steps to make Baked Cod over Sweet Potato Mash:
- Preheat oven to 400 degress. Chop onion, mince garlic, chop tomatoes. Cut the tops and bottoms of the long green beans..
- Peel and chop up sweet potato. Place in a large pot, cover with water, add salt and boil. Cook until soft (about 45 mins)..
- In a small skillet saute onion until translucent and add garlic. Cook until the garlic is fragrent (2 mins). Add the tomato and some basil leaves. Stir and turn heat down. Let cook for 10 mins..
- Heat a wok or skillet and add a tbsp of oil. When oil is heated, add the garlic and cook for 2 mins. Add the long green beans and the sesame seeds. Cook for about 40 minutes until crispy and cooked..
- Place the cod in a large baking dish. Add the wine. Add the olives. Add the tomatoes and some of the onions around the cod. Add the lemon juice and the zest. Add salt and pepper and the rest if the basil leaves. Cook for 20 minutes until the fish is flaky..
- While the fish is cooking, drain the sweet potatoes and mash them. Add fresh parsely, garlic, salt and pepper and a dash of ginger. Keep mashing the potatoes until smooth..
- On a plate place a some mashed sweet potato. Place some cod over the sweet potato with olives and tomatoes. Add some long green beans on top. Serve..
If you find this Baked Cod over Sweet Potato Mash recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.