Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Mash Potato Cakes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mash Potato Cakes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mash Potato Cakes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Raising Snack foods.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. Increasing our daily allowance of well balanced meals while decreasing the intake of unhealthy types plays a part in a more healthy feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s difficult to find wholesome foods for treats between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a struggle because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
Foods made from whole grains are great for a fast snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be fantastic for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Selecting whole grain foods is always better than eating the refined grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
You don’t have to look far to locate a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mash potato cakes recipe. To make mash potato cakes you need 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mash Potato Cakes:
- Use 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Provide 1/2 cup of flour.
- Get 1 of medium green onion, chopped.
- Use 2 of eggs.
- Get 2 tbsp of fresh basil, chopped.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic chopped.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Get 4 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- You need of Vegan? Sub butter and eggs for flour and oil!.
Steps to make Mash Potato Cakes:
- Over medium heat cook the garlic and green onion until translucent.
- Add to the potato and add melted butter.
- Scoop up about 1/4 of the potato mixture and form it into a ball. Place it into a hot pan, flattening it out until it about 1/2 – 1/3" thick..
- Fry for about 3 min on each side until they are lightly golden brown..
- For best result, serve immidiatly, while hot and crispy..
- Top with green onions, sour cream or ketchup..
If you find this Mash Potato Cakes recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.