Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Lemon Meringue Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon Meringue Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Treats.
We are all aware that eating healthy snacks can help us feel better in our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). This is usually a problem, however, when it comes to eating between goodies. Finding snacks that help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you might be looking for a quick snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will keep you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Eating on the run can easily be healthier with wholesome chips and crackers. Make the modification from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You do not have to look far to find a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon meringue cake recipe. You can cook lemon meringue cake using 14 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon Meringue Cake:
- Prepare of Meringue.
- Provide 5 of egg whites.
- Use 1 cup of caster sugar.
- Use 1 tsp of white vinegar.
- Use 1 pinch of salt.
- Provide of Lemon cake.
- Take 2 cup of self raising flour, sifted.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- Provide 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Provide 60 grams of butter, melted.
- You need 3 of lemons, grated zest and juice.
- Provide 1 cup of lemon butter – see my lemon butter recipe.
- Provide 2 of extra lemons.
Instructions to make Lemon Meringue Cake:
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Grease and line x2 cake tins with baking paper.
- If you want to make your own lemon butter do so before making the cake… otherwise set aside a brought jar…..
- Next make the cake: in a mixing bowl combined the flour, sugar… make a well in the centre, add the eggs and milk stir with wooden spoon to combined.
- add the lemon juice, zest and melted butter stir again….
- Divide cake mix into both baking tins evenly… bake for 45mins…or until firm to touch….
- Once cakes are cooked allow to cool completely before cutting through the middle to make 4 layers… (set aside for now).
- To make the Meringue: beat the egg whites in a clean bowl with a electric beater on low….
- once they start to form bubbles turn up slowly to a medium speed… slowly add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time…. add vinegar and pinch of salt… continue to beat until forms very smooth white stiff peaks…..
- Now to put it all together… place a bottom peice of the cake onto a baking tray lined with baking paper… (I used a round pizza tray).
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon on cake followed by spreading a layer of lemon butter then another layer of cake, more juice on top followed by another layer off lemon butter…. this until all layers of cake are used….
- dont put any lemon butter or juice on the top peice of the cake… as meringue will not stick properly with the next step.
- Now that the cake and layers are done cover the whole cake with meringue mix…making pointy peeks all over the cake…..
- Place back to the oven on 200 for 20mins until meringue is lightly browning or alternatively you could finish it off with a blow torch…..
- Enjoy with a dollop of cream xx.
If you find this Lemon Meringue Cake recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.