Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that many people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, merely making a couple of modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. It could be that you already feel that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to diner style lemon meringue pie recipe. To cook diner style lemon meringue pie you only need 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Prepare of deep dish pie crust.
- Provide of Filling:.
- Get of cornstarch.
- Use of granulated sugar.
- Get of salt.
- Prepare of Zest of 2 lemons.
- Take of water.
- Take of fresh lemon juice. *See note*.
- Use of butter not margarine.
- Provide of egg yolks (keep whites for meringue).
- Provide of Mile High Meringue:.
- Provide of egg whites.
- Take of granulated sugar.
- Take of salt.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Secret to no weep meringue:.
- Provide of granulated sugar.
- Get of cornstarch.
- Take of water.
- Take of Note:.
- You need of I like mine slightly tart so I use 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- Get of Use 1/4 cup or to your preference for sweeter or tangier filling.
Steps to make Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie:
- Make your own 9 inch crust or use frozen. Bake at 350 until light golden brown. Cool completely..
- In heavy bottom sauce pan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water. Stir until dissolved..
- Heat over medium heat,stirring often,until thick and bubbling slightly..
- Whisk egg yolks and add 3 spoons of hot thickened filling to temper eggs stirring constantly..
- Add butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and tempered eggs into thickened mixture and stirring constantly cook until mixture thickens more and bubbles slightly..
- Pour filling into pre baked crust. Set on wire rack to cool..
- Wash pan and add 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Whisk..
- Stir in 1/2 cup water and cook until mixture thickens and starts to look like it is getting clear..
- Set aside to cool completely..
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add in the 4 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla..
- Beat to incorporate. Add the cooled mixture to egg whites and continue beating until stiff peaks form..
- Spread meringue over pie and with spoon slightly tap top and pull up to form small peaks..
- Brown in 350 degree oven until light brown..
- Cool completely and refrigerate covered in cake carrier so the meringue doesnt get messed up..
- Cool completely. I usually make mine a day ahead and let it chill overnight..
If you find this Diner Style Lemon Meringue Pie recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.