Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for taisen's pot roast in a crockpot recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect taisen's pot roast in a crockpot recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to taisen's pot roast in a crockpot recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. People typically think that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy eating regimen.
All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to taisen's pot roast in a crockpot recipe. You can cook taisen's pot roast in a crockpot using 15 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make taisen's pot roast in a crockpot:
- Provide of chuck roast. you can use any cut of meat that you like. rump round chuck or bottom. go by how many your feeding for how many pounds you need and what fits into your crockpot.
- Prepare of Lipton beefy onion dry soup mix.
- Get of Lipton mushroom onion dry soup mix.
- Prepare of beef broth.
- Take of garlic to taste.
- Get of butter to taste.
- Get of water.
- Provide of pepper to taste.
- Use of seasoning salt but be careful with how much you use.
- You need of of fresh carrots sliced and peeled or canned carrots.
- Prepare of or more peeled baking potatoes ( or any kind you like ) peeled and sliced. you can also use canned.
- Take of or large onion.
- You need of for gravy : flour or cornstarch , beef broth, liquid from the roast, milk , salt only if needed and pepper and if you like mushrooms.
- You need of of fresh Portobello mushroom ( cleaned and sliced ) or 1 can or jar of mushrooms.
- Get of meat tenderizer ( this is salty as well ).
Steps to make taisen's pot roast in a crockpot:
- put the roast into the crockpot.
- sprinkle meat tenderizer , seasoning salt , pepper and a touch of garlic on the meat. i also poke holes in the meat with a fork before doing this. you can also use it as a rub if you like. peel and chop up onion or omit the extra onion. I am an onion lover!.
- get a bowl or measuring cup. add two packs of each Lipton soup. add water and mix VERY well. you can add a third or fourth pack if you want more. I add enough liquid to totally cover the roast.
- slowly add the liquid into the crockpot. add more water into the bowl or measuring cup mixing any powder or residue left and add to the roast.
- add in about half of the beef broth. reserve rest for gravy..
- mix the liquid around the roast lightly making sure there is no un dissolved powder. cover put the crockpot on high and let it simmer and cook for at least 4 hours.
- you can add butter at ANY time or omit it.
- depending on how big the piece of meat is will determine how long you cook this and when you add in veggies.
- I add my peeled and sliced potatoes about 2 to 3 hours before this is finished cooking. this also depends on how thick you slice them. the thinner/smaller they are the faster they cook. potatoes will get mushy if you add them to soon. I cook my roast on high from about 12 pm until 3 or 4 pm on high then switch it to low.
- add in carrots and mushrooms about an hour before it is ready unless you like them less firm. if using mushrooms in the gravy reserve them.
- using a spoon you should be able to tell if the meat falls apart or not..
- this is more soupy but lets thicken! !.
- take a saucepan put it on the stove. add in reserved beef broth. add some juices from the crockpot ! this can be done half and half or just the juices. your choice..
- if using mushrooms in the gravy add them to this to cook them down a bit. you want them to shrink to a smaller size. you can fry them in a bit of butter first or boil them in the juices first to your liking..
- take a bowl mix up milk and flour or cornstarch. mix very well..
- add the milk/flour/cornstarch into the liquid slowly while stirring. make it as thick as you like.
- take out the roast when fully cooked and falling apart by spoon! shred or cut into pieces onto a plate. add veggies on the side or on top. put some gravy over top of it all. serve with rolls butter bread or anything else like rice or noodles. enjoy.
If you find this taisen's pot roast in a crockpot recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.