Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that many people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of small changes.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. Even though you may already consume a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker spicy fruit and nut chicken pilaf recipe. To make slow cooker spicy fruit and nut chicken pilaf you need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf:
- Take of skinless chicken thighs.
- Provide of onion, red or white, thinly sliced.
- Take of oil, olive or vegetable.
- You need of turmeric.
- Prepare of long grain rice (I use easy-cook).
- You need of sultanas or raisins.
- Provide of chicken stock, from cube is fine.
- Provide of salt & pepper.
- Get of macademia or cashew nuts or almonds.
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf:
- Heat oil in frying pan, add onion and fry, without colouring, until soft, drain and place in slow cooker..
- Place rice, sultanas, turmeric and stock in slow cooker, stir gently..
- Fry chicken in frying pan until sealed and lightly coloured, add to slow cooker. You can use boneless thighs if you prefer..
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, high for 1 1/2 – 2 hours. Add more stock if required during cooking, check chicken is cooked through. Check rice is cooked too..
- Dry-fry the nuts in a frying pan until golden..
- Check seasoning of chicken, add salt & pepper to taste. Remove chicken, gently fork through rice to fluff up..
- Place rice on plate, put chicken on top, and sprinkle nuts over. You can stir nuts into rice at step 6 if you like..
- You can substitute pine nuts.
If you find this Slow Cooker Spicy Fruit and Nut Chicken Pilaf recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.