Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Kallumakaya nirachathu (stuffed Mussels) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Kallumakaya nirachathu (stuffed Mussels) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kallumakaya nirachathu (stuffed Mussels) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Power.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. When we eat more healthy foods and less of the bad ones we generally feel much better. A little bit of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. Finding snacks that help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try one of many following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Foods made from whole grains are excellent for a easy snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will keep you until it’s time for lunch break. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be great for quick treats to eat on the go. Make the modification from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily obtainable. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kallumakaya nirachathu (stuffed mussels) recipe. To cook kallumakaya nirachathu (stuffed mussels) you only need 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Kallumakaya nirachathu (stuffed Mussels):
- Provide 1/2 kg of fresh mussels.
- Prepare 2 cups of par boiled rice (jeerakashala/kaima).
- Take 2 cups of grated fresh coconut.
- Prepare 1 of red onion chopped.
- Get as needed of few shallots.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Provide as needed of few curry leaves.
- You need as needed of few coriander leaves(optional).
- You need 3 tbsp of rice flour or as required.
- You need 3 tbsp of kashmiri chilli powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take as needed of coconut oil for frying.
Instructions to make Kallumakaya nirachathu (stuffed Mussels):
- Rinse and soak the rice in hot water for 4 hours in advance. Afterwards drain the water thoroughly.Add the fennel,cumin, onion and pulse..
- To a wet grinder add the rice and make paste. Grind coconut and onion mix and grind to a very thick and smooth paste(add very little water to grind). If the mix is little watery add the rice powder and knead..
- Add some coriander leaves chopped for flavour (traditionally it's not added but I like so added) and set aside and clean the mussels..
- Use a clean scouring pad/ knife and clean mussels. Rinse each one under running water,scrape off the barnacles and pull out the beard from the corner(pull firmly to remove it). open the closed mussels by using a small knife..
- Rinse all the mussels from inside under running tap water.Drain them by keeping on sides of a plate..
- After drained, pull a sticky thread from back of it (like prawns). fill in the rice mixture inside the mussels and level out the access..
- Place all of them in a steamer and steam for 25- 30 mins.If the rice mix is left make small rolls out of it and steam(this too can be eaten tastes great).
- When it cools down scrape them out of shell with spoon or one side shell slowly as the meat doesn't separate. take out the steamed dumpling and take of the waste from back of it. take water in a bowl and dip fingers and clean the waste. clean all and keep aside..
- Mix the chilli powder,turmeric powder and salt and water to make a runny spice batter. Dip the steamed mussels in batter and deep /shallow fry..
- Here I have shallow fried. fry all sides well till lightly golden and serve. Hot crispy delicious malabar snack is ready to be enjoyed..
If you find this Kallumakaya nirachathu (stuffed Mussels) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.