Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Lauki kofta- A dish from northern India recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lauki kofta- A dish from northern India recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you most likely choose a lot of items out of habit. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lauki kofta- a dish from northern india recipe. You can cook lauki kofta- a dish from northern india using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lauki kofta- A dish from northern India:
- Use of grated bottle gourd.
- Take of gram flour (besan).
- Take of red chilli powder.
- Take of turmeric.
- Provide of coriander powder.
- Prepare of grated ginger.
- Provide of Salt.
- Get of caraway seeds (ajwain).
- Prepare of For Gravy:.
- Provide of tomatoes blanched and pureed.
- Get of onion finely chopped.
- Use of ginger garlic paste.
- Get of cream.
- Prepare of As per taste Salt.
- Provide of cumin.
- Prepare of mustard seeds.
- You need of hing(asafoetida).
- Provide of &1/2 tbsp coriander powder.
- Take of kasoori methi.
- Provide of turmeric.
- Take of &1/2 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder.
Steps to make Lauki kofta- A dish from northern India:
- Add salt to the grated bottle gourd and using a muslin cloth drain the excess water. Keep the water aside for later use..
- Now add grated ginger, gram flour, turmeric, ajwain(caraway seeds), red chilli powder..
- Mix well and make small kofta balls.
- In a pan heat oil for deep frying and fry all the kofta balls in low to medium heat. Once done, keep them aside..
- For the gravy, in a pan take some ghee or oil, add cumin and mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Then add onions and saute untill golden..
- Then add ginger-garlic paste and stir until onions are lightly browned and paste is cooked. Then add the tomato puree..
- Now add all the dry spices and keep sauteing for 4-5 mins untill the gravy releases oil. Then add 1 tbsp ketchup and cook for another min..
- Once the gravy is done, add the salted lauki water and bring it to a boil. Taste the salt, and adjust if it's less..
- Now add the kofta to it and let it simmer(low heat) for abt a min. Then add crushed kasoori methi and cream. Mix well and switch off the flame..
- Allow it to rest for an at least half and hour so the gravy softens the kofta. Serve..
If you find this Lauki kofta- A dish from northern India recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.