Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Moules Marinieres (Sailors Mussels) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Moules Marinieres (Sailors Mussels) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Moules Marinieres (Sailors Mussels) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that give You Energy.
We are all aware that consuming healthy meals can help us really feel better within our bodies. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more wholesome feeling. A little bit of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have countless options. Why not try one of many following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you’re looking for a quick snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that extra boost you need to get going. When you need a fast snack on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Deciding on whole grain snacks is always much better than eating the processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
You can find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to moules marinieres (sailors mussels) recipe. To make moules marinieres (sailors mussels) you only need 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Moules Marinieres (Sailors Mussels):
- Get of large onion.
- Use of garlic cloves (or 3 if you like strong flavour).
- Provide of fresh mussels (not greenlipped).
- You need of fresh crisp white wine.
- Provide of plain flour.
- Provide of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of fresh crusty bread or baguette.
- Use of chopped parsley (optional).
Steps to make Moules Marinieres (Sailors Mussels):
- Clean the mussels in a sink of water and remove the beards (your fishmonger MAY do this for you but I always do my own). THROW OUT ANY THAT DO NOT CLOSE WHEN YOU TAP THEM SHARPLY (note: I do not use greenlipped mussels as they are tough and chewy the smaller black ones are way better).
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Sautee onion and garlic until soft but do not let it brown.
- Add the mussels to the pan with onion and garlic.
- Pour over the wine. COVER and cook the mussels for about ten minutes until they are all open.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour and butter to a paste.
- Strain the wine into another small pan and boil rapidly then add the butter/flour paste and mix into the liquid. Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce thickens (about 3 or 4 mins).
- Optional – sprinkle parsley sprigs onto mussels.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with crusty bread/baguette.
If you find this Moules Marinieres (Sailors Mussels) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.