Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Mussel and Sweet Potato Chowder recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mussel and Sweet Potato Chowder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mussel and Sweet Potato Chowder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Energy.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy meals can help us feel better within our bodies. Increasing our daily allowance of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more healthy feeling. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a struggle because you have a great number of options. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
If you are not allergic to nuts, try having some almonds! As an all-in-one power booster, almonds offer many health advantages. Various vitamins and minerals tend to be found in these wonderful nuts. They do, however, have tryptophan-the same enzyme which makes you tired after eating turkey. When it comes to almonds, however, they wont cause you to long for a nap. These nuts unwind the muscles and offer a general sense of peace. Your emotional condition can sometimes be lifted by just eating almonds.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily accessible. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mussel and sweet potato chowder recipe. To cook mussel and sweet potato chowder you need 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mussel and Sweet Potato Chowder:
- Use 2 1/2 lb of (1.25 kg) mussels.
- Provide 2 tbsp of (25 mL) butter.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- Provide 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Get 3 cup of (750 mL) grated peeled sweet_potato (about 1 large).
- Prepare 1 cup of (250 mL) grated carrot.
- Use 1 cup of (250 mL) milk.
- Provide 1/2 cup of (125 mL) whipping_cream.
- Get 1/2 tsp of (2 mL) salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of (1 mL) hot_pepper sauce.
Steps to make Mussel and Sweet Potato Chowder:
- Scrub mussels; discard any that do not close..
- In large shallow Dutch oven, bring 1/4 cup (50 mL) water to boil..
- Add mussels; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until mussels open. Discard any that do not open. Transfer mussels and liquid to bowl..
- In same pan, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened..
- Add sweet potato, carrot, milk, cream, salt and hot pepper sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender..
- Meanwhile, reserving liquid, remove mussels from shells, discarding shells; set mussels aside..
- Add 2 cups (500 mL) reserved liquid to soup. In blender, pour soup, in batches, until smooth. Return to pan; add shucked mussels and reheat gently..
If you find this Mussel and Sweet Potato Chowder recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.