Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Kallumakaya nirachathu (stuffed Mussels) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Kallumakaya nirachathu (stuffed Mussels) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kallumakaya nirachathu (stuffed Mussels) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Snacks.
We are very mindful that eating healthy snacks can help us feel better in our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. A piece of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
Try eating almonds unless you have problems with nut allergies. Almonds are usually considered a super food since they’re packed full of ingredients that help boost our energy while keeping us healthy. Almonds really are a natural supply of B vitamins together with other vitamins and minerals. They actually do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme that makes you tired after eating turkey. Nevertheless, you may not need a nap after eating almonds. Instead, these nuts help in lowering stress and provide a soothing feeling throughout your body. From time to time eating almonds can even be a mood increaser!
You will not have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kallumakaya nirachathu (stuffed mussels) recipe. To make kallumakaya nirachathu (stuffed mussels) you need 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kallumakaya nirachathu (stuffed Mussels):
- You need of fresh mussels.
- Provide of par boiled rice (jeerakashala/kaima).
- Provide of grated fresh coconut.
- Take of red onion chopped.
- You need of few shallots.
- Take of fennel seeds.
- Prepare of cumin seeds.
- You need of few curry leaves.
- You need of few coriander leaves(optional).
- Use of rice flour or as required.
- Provide of kashmiri chilli powder.
- Prepare of turmeric powder.
- Take of coconut oil for frying.
Instructions to make Kallumakaya nirachathu (stuffed Mussels):
- Rinse and soak the rice in hot water for 4 hours in advance. Afterwards drain the water thoroughly.Add the fennel,cumin, onion and pulse..
- To a wet grinder add the rice and make paste. Grind coconut and onion mix and grind to a very thick and smooth paste(add very little water to grind). If the mix is little watery add the rice powder and knead..
- Add some coriander leaves chopped for flavour (traditionally it's not added but I like so added) and set aside and clean the mussels..
- Use a clean scouring pad/ knife and clean mussels. Rinse each one under running water,scrape off the barnacles and pull out the beard from the corner(pull firmly to remove it). open the closed mussels by using a small knife..
- Rinse all the mussels from inside under running tap water.Drain them by keeping on sides of a plate..
- After drained, pull a sticky thread from back of it (like prawns). fill in the rice mixture inside the mussels and level out the access..
- Place all of them in a steamer and steam for 25- 30 mins.If the rice mix is left make small rolls out of it and steam(this too can be eaten tastes great).
- When it cools down scrape them out of shell with spoon or one side shell slowly as the meat doesn't separate. take out the steamed dumpling and take of the waste from back of it. take water in a bowl and dip fingers and clean the waste. clean all and keep aside..
- Mix the chilli powder,turmeric powder and salt and water to make a runny spice batter. Dip the steamed mussels in batter and deep /shallow fry..
- Here I have shallow fried. fry all sides well till lightly golden and serve. Hot crispy delicious malabar snack is ready to be enjoyed..
If you find this Kallumakaya nirachathu (stuffed Mussels) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.