Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lemon meringue cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon meringue cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Opting to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Although we’re incessantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, merely making a few modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. One wholesome option that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s easy to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon meringue cookies recipe. You can cook lemon meringue cookies using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon meringue cookies:
- You need of Meringue cookies.
- Use 3 of egg whites.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of super fine sugar.
- Get 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Get of lemon curd.
- Use 1 of the zest of one lemon.
- Use 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Take 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Provide 1 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
Steps to make Lemon meringue cookies:
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Separate egg whites from the yolks. If ANY yolk gets into the whites start over. Leave the whites out at room temp..
- While the eggs sit start the lemon curd. In a heavy bottom saucepan combine eggs, sugar, and lemon juice on medium heat..
- When the ingredients are combined add butter..
- Whisk constantly until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Cover and chill..
- To start the meringue beat the egg whites on medium until they form soft peaks..
- Slowly add sugar a couple tablespoons at a time. Increase mixing speed..
- Once all the sugar is incorporated add the lemon juice and continue to beat until stiff peaks form..
- The meringue is ready when the bowl can be flipped upside down, the meringue looks glossy, and no sugar granules can be felt..
- You may add color at this point if you wish. Transfer to a piping bag..
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicon mat or parchment. If you use parchment make sure you pipe a small amount of the meringue to the cookie sheet on each corner to glue it down..
- Pipe one circle, then pipe another circle around the first one leaving space in the middle. Think of a little cup to hold the curd. They can be quite close together as they do not rise..
- Place in the oven and leave for about an hour then turn off the oven and let them cool for another hour. Do not open the oven until the meringues are no longer shiny. At least 40 minutes..
- Once the meringues are done fill them with the lemon curd and they're done. Meringue can be made up to a week a head of time. Store in the refrigerator..
If you find this Lemon meringue cookies recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.