Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Chicken tagine recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken tagine recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken tagine recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making a couple of small changes.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. Even though you may already consume lots of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tagine recipe. You can cook chicken tagine using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken tagine:
- Take of chicken (breast will work but thighs or 1 chicken quarter per person is best.).
- You need of vegetable stock.
- Use of bay leaf.
- You need of dried apricots.
- Take of oil.
- Take of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Get of onions, roughly chopped.
- Prepare of cinnamon sticks.
- You need of ground cumin.
- Use of coriander seeds, crushed.
- Prepare of cardamon pods, crushed.
- Take of ground ginger.
- Use of salt and pepper to season.
- Take of white wine.
- Get of fruit chutney.
Instructions to make Chicken tagine:
- Place the dried apricots in a bowl and cover them with boiling water, leaving them to soak for at least one hour..
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a casserole dish over a high heat and brown the chicken. (if using breast slice into medium chunks before browning). Once browned transfer the meat to a plate for later..
- Heat the remaining oil in the casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the garlic, onions, and carrots. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until softened..
- Add all of the spices (bay leaf, cinnamon, coriander seeds, cardamon pods, cumin and ginger) and season with salt and pepper. Fry for a few more minutes..
- Return the meat to the casserole dish with all the vegetables. Add the wine, chutney, water from the apricots and enough vegetable stock to cover the meat and vegetables. keep on the heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to deglaze..
- Leave to simmer on the hob for for about 1 hour stirring occasionally until the liquid has reduced by half..
- Add the apricots and cook for a further half an hour..
- The meat and vegetables should be soft and tender at this point..
- Serve with rice, couscous or good chunky bread..
If you find this Chicken tagine recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.