Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Steamed Mussels in White Wine recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steamed Mussels in White Wine recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that give You Vitality.
We all know that consuming healthy snacks can help us really feel better in our bodies. When we eat more healthy foods and less of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A little bit of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. Finding snacks that help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
If you’re looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be great for quick treats to eat on the go. Deciding on whole grain foods is always far better than eating the processed grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
You will not have to look far to locate a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to steamed mussels in white wine recipe. You can have steamed mussels in white wine using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Steamed Mussels in White Wine:
- Prepare of mussels, scrubbed & debearded.
- You need of virgin olive oil.
- You need of butter, unsalted.
- Take of white onion, chopped.
- Prepare of shallots, chopped.
- Provide of jalapeno (green or red), finely chopped.
- Prepare of garlic, finely sliced.
- You need of red pepper flakes.
- You need of white wine.
- Prepare of dried thyme.
- Get of salt / pepper.
- Prepare of plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped.
- Get of scallions (green onions), thinly sliced.
- Take of flat-leaf parsley, chopped.
- Take of Toasted garlic bread.
Steps to make Steamed Mussels in White Wine:
- Storing Mussels: rinse mussels in netted bag with water and then refrigerate on a small plate until ready to prepare that day. You can place in freezer periodically for 20 minutes to really chill..
- Preparing Mussels: cut open netted bag and place mussels in a colander. Remove any "beards" with your fingers, scrub ones that may be dirty, and discard ones that aren't tightly shut..
- Place colander in a large bowl and fill with water. Soak for 20 minutes in refrigerator, then drain..
- Tip: After preparing and chopping veggies, prepare the garlic toasted bread..
- In a big sauté pan, 12-14” with lid (or a large pot), heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, and shallots, cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir a bit..
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for 1 more minute. Add the wine, thyme, and dash of salt & pepper. Slightly stir..
- Bring this up to a boil, add the mussels, cover, and give the pan (pot) a shake or two. Reduce to medium-high heat and steam for about 4-5 minutes. Then check to see if most, if not all, of the mussels are opened..
- Add the tomatoes, scallions, and a bit of white wine to the pan and cover. Shake the pan and turn off heat. Let steam for another 1-2 minutes..
- Before pouring the mussels and the broth into the bowl(s), discard any unopened ones. Serve hot with a sprinkling of parsley and don't forget the toasted bread..
- Ah, one of the best parts of the meal!.
If you find this Steamed Mussels in White Wine recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.