Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. There are a lot of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
One way to address this to begin seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to alter everything immediately or that you have to altogether eliminate certain foods from your diet. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than before. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate previously.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chili soup with mashed potato cakes recipe. You can cook chili soup with mashed potato cakes using 11 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes:
- Provide of Chili.
- You need of Ground Beef.
- Get of large Green bell Pepper cleaned & Chopped.
- Get of large sweet onions Chopped.
- Provide of V8 juice or tomato juice.
- Provide of cans of Beans I use Red Kidney, Pink Kidney, Black Beans, northern Beans, rinsed thoroughly.
- Provide of Garlic minced or 1/2 of an elephant garlic clove minced.
- Prepare of cans of Diced tomatoes do not drain.
- Get of Seasonings I use to taste: dash of cinnamon ( cuts acidity.
- Provide of each: Ground Cumin, Chili Powder, Red pepper Flakes, Paprika (smoked or sweet).
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
Instructions to make Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes:
- Brown meat in Large kettle or skillet, on medium low, when meat is almost done,.
- Add Chopped vegetables (Onions, bell peppers, canned or fresh tomatoes, beans, garlic, jalapeños if using.).
- Add half of seasonings. When veggies are tender..
- Add V8 or tomato juice. (I like V8 because of the flavor it adds.) Stir turn heat up to medium high until it begins to boil..
- I use two different methods for cooking..
- 1.). On top of the stove to simmer all day on semi low. I use a lid that I will allow steam to escape. If I have to add more liquid..
- Sometimes I add low sodium chicken broth, sometimes water. I start in the morning so it will be ready for dinner..
- 2.) Slow cooker method. I like to fix it before I go to bed, start it on the stove then transfer to lightly oiled Slow Cooker..
- I start it on high for approximately 45 minutes. I turn it on low to cook over night. Then warm when I get up. Ready for lunch and dinner..
- Mashed Potato Cakes.
- My husband enjoys mashed potatoes. However when I make them, I have to make quite a bit extra. Next time you make mashed potatoes… make almost double..
- 8 Medium to large Potatoes, Peeled, quartered or more depending on size.
- 8 ounces of low fat cream cheese softened..
- Warm milk.. I add 1/4 cup at a time.
- Softened real Butter I use unsalted 1/2 of a stick. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mash all together. I like to add fresh roasted garlic, fresh shredded cheese of my choice. We like smoked Gouda but a little bit goes a long way..
- To make my mashed potatoes, I use Russet potatoes, enough for four people. Approximately.. 8 medium to large potatoes. Cleaned, peeled and Cut I To quarters or sixth (depending how large).
- I place in Low sodium Chicken Broth. Boil until tender, Rinse and save broth.. set it aside.
- I place potatoes back in pot they were cooked in.
- Mash all ingredients until almost smooth. I like a few small lumps, I want my guest to know they are not instant..
- The next day, add to your mashed potatoes to prepare to make cakes..
- Oil to fry in about 2-3 inches deep or deep fry. Bread crumbs, sometimes I crush corn flakes, sometimes I use Panko Crumbs, sometimes plain fine bread crumbs. I like to add my own seasonings to my taste which varies..
- 1-2 sweet onions peeled and chopped..
- 2 garlic cloves minced..
- Seasonings I use to taste: salt, pepper, Italian, Cumin, divide these in half..
- 1 cup of all purpose flour per two cups of mashed potatoes. More if you need it..
- I season my potatoes and my bread crumbs. Stir well.
- Wet your hands shake of excess.. scoop some out with your wet hands. Roll into a ball, place in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Roll around and slightly flatten, place in Hot oil carefully. I normally fry in skillet. About 3-4 minutes each side on medium heat..
If you find this Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.