Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Apple meringue cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Apple meringue cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most likely, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to apple meringue cake recipe. To make apple meringue cake you need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Apple meringue cake:
- Use of Cake.
- You need of butter (or Marg).
- Take of Caster Sugar.
- Get of sour cream.
- Use of Grated zest of 1 lemon.
- You need of egg yolks.
- You need of vanilla essence.
- Get of baking powder.
- Use of self raising flour.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Use of medium sized apples. Peeled and sliced.
- Use of Juice from half a lemon.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
- Take of Meringue.
- You need of egg whites.
- You need of caster sugar.
Instructions to make Apple meringue cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter 10-inch (26 cm) springform pan (with a removable base).
- In a large bowl combine the apple slices with lemon juice and cinnamon. Set aside until ready to use..
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl..
- In another bowl cream together butter and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the egg yolks, sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Stir in flour mixture and mix until well combined..
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. (Don't worry if it's thick just put dollops around the tin and smooth with a knife) Once that's done arrange the apple slices on top (or dump them on the top like I do lol). Bake for 30 minutes..
- Whilst the cake is in the oven make the meringue by whipping the egg whites until foamy with a mixer. Gradually add the sugar whipping the whole time until it holds very stiff peaks..
- Remove the pan from the oven and add whipped egg whites on top of the cake and bake for another 20 minutes or until golden brown..
- Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pan. Let cool slightly at room temperature before serving. We like ours with a dollop of vanilla ice-cream..
If you find this Apple meringue cake recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.